CIC and Venture Café are sister organizations with separate business models and leadership. However, we have a long history of working very closely together to provide entrepreneurs with the physical infrastructure, connection to resources, and day-to-day community (CIC) and an expanded regional community and targeted innovation programs (Venture Café) to best support them. Venture Café Rotterdam is also physically located within CIC Rotterdam.
Start date facilitator
CIC’s mission is to change the world through innovation by developing ecosystems that allow exceptional entrepreneurs to create new products and companies better and faster. We do this by providing infrastructure (high quality, flexible office space) and by actively building startup communities in the premium locations of future-focused cities.
Venture Café Foundation builds innovation communities. We hosts the largest weekly innovation community event in Rotterdam. Every Thursday we gather a large national and international community. Connecting innovators to make things happen.
CIC and Venture Café focus their facilitation on experienced founders who are looking for:
- High level guidance through bi-monthly check ins with the General Manager of CIC and/or Venture Café. (i.e. support with introductions, strategy, hiring)
- Direct connections to networks and helpful resources in the Netherlands. We will work with founders to help identify investors, find quality service providers (legal, financial, etc.), connect more quickly to quality talent for potential hires, and to build relationships with other founders and potential partners in the Netherlands.
- Centrally located, high quality base of operations with many facilities: conference rooms, large stocked kitchens, onsite support staff, showers.
- An experienced team of at least 2 and up to 4 founders;
- At least one of the founders has a proven track record of successfully building (and exiting) a company before;
- Working on a IP based and scalable business;
- Planning to hire 5 FTE’s in coming 3 years;
- Working a global expansion strategy;
- The team will domicile in the Netherlands and will use CIC as the base of operation.