Is your business interested in producing renewable energy? Complete the nine steps to implement your project.
Step 1: Apply for your means of identification
You will need a means of identification to apply for an SDE+ subsidy.
- Businesses: eRecognition (eHerkenning), reliability level 1!
- Private individuals: DigiD!
- Apply for your means of identification on time. The application takes a few days to process.
Step 2: Create your application
- Log in to the e-Service Point (eLoket) via the button Aanvragen (Dutch only).
- Select your application category on the 'Select theme' (Thema selecteren) tab page.
- Select the appropriate form by answering a number of questions.
- Insert all data in the form relating to your installation.
- When planning your project, please take into account which activities are necessary in order to actually receive the subsidy.
- You can create your application in the e-Service Point (eLoket) and save it at any time during the process.
Step 3: Submit your application
- You can submit your application when the SDE+ round of applications has opened. The application round consists of several phases. Please pay attention to the phase when you submit your application.
- Answer all questions truthfully.
- Add all the compulsory appendices.
- Check your application carefully.
- Submit your online application.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation containing your file number immediately after you have submitted your application.
- Your application will be saved in 'My Overview' (Mijn Overzicht).
Step 4: RVO.nl will process your application
- We process applications in order of receipt.
- Applications received at 5 p.m. or later will be considered as having been received on the following working day.
- Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the closing date of the application round.
- If we receive more applications than the remaining available budget on one day, we will rank these in order of the application amounts. For the renewable gas categories, we divide the application amount by an adjustment factor of 0.706 and round off the amount to three decimals.
- If we receive several applications for the same amount of subsidy equating to
the budget limit, we will make a selection by drawing lots.
How do we process your application?
- Completeness review: We will only process your subsidy application if it is complete. The date on which completeness has been verified determines
the ranking of your application.
- Content review: We check whether your subsidy application meets the subsidy conditions based on the technical and financial data.
- If we have any questions, we will contact you for any additional or missing data.
Step 5: You will receive a subsidy decision
- If your application has been assessed you will receive a subsidy decision.
The subsidy granted to you by RVO.nl in the subsidy decision is a maximum amount for the entire period of the subsidy. It is based on the base energy price, which is
the lower limit of the correction amount.
- We calculate the actual amount of the subsidy each year based on the amount of energy produced and the level of the correction amount.
- Pursuant to the Stimulation of Sustainable Energy Production Decision,
the minister has 13 weeks to complete the entire 'application' to 'decision' process. This period may be extended once for a maximum period of 13 weeks.
Step 6: Build your project
- Within one year of the subsidy decision, you are required to submit to RVO.nl copies of your contracts, containing a description of the components of
the installation and the contracts relating to the construction of the installation.
- Build the project and put the installation into operation within the time periods stipulated by law. The periods in which the installation must be built and put into operation are stated in your subsidy decision.
Step 7: Apply for your EAN code
- Upon completion of your project, submit a request to your transmission system operator for your EAN code for your sustainable installation. If you have several installations you will receive several EAN codes accordingly.
- If you have received your EAN code(s) and completed the installation, contact
a certification body, CertiQ (for renewable electricity and heating) or VertoGas
(for renewable gas).
- The transmission system operator, or in the case of heat generation, the metering company, must certify you as a producer of renewable energy.
- For more information, visit CertiQ.nl/Zakelijk or Vertogas.nl.
Step 8: You receive the SDE+ subsidy
- The application for the advance is based on the projected production.
- You will receive 80% of the subsidy as an advance in monthly instalments.
- We determine the amount of the advance annually.
- The advances on the subsidy will be paid if your installation is officially registered with CertiQ/Vertogas. They will provide us with the meter data.
- We will make a retroactive adjustment each year based on the definitive correction amount determined and the production data for the past calendar year. We refer to this as the 'adjustment' of your subsidy.
- You will automatically receive a final account, based on the production data submitted to us by CertiQ or Vertogas.
Step 9: RVO.nl determines your definitive subsidy
- You should submit a request for settlement at the end of your subsidy period
(after 5, 8, 12 or 15 years).
- Based on this, we will determine your definitive subsidy.
- If you have received insufficient subsidy, we will pay the relevant amount retroactively. We will claim repayment of any excess subsidy paid.
Disclaimer: no rights may be derived from this step-by-step plan.
Download the brochure below.
Information in Dutch: Stimulering Duurzame Energieproductie (SDE+)