A product or service can be classed as innovative if at least one of the following three conditions are met:
- The product or service is new to the Netherlands.
- A new technology or technique for production, distribution or marketing is involved.
- There is an innovative organisational procedure and method.
(Non-definitive) examples can include the following:
- Stimulating business activity in the Netherlands’ top sectors
- A self-developed new product or service
- New product-market combinations
- Socially responsible enterprises
- An original approach to energy conservation
- An original approach to environmental/sustainability issues
- Smart and creative adaptations or combinations serving cross-sectoral applications
- A creative or innovative market approach
- Social innovation.