How to apply for residence permit for foreign start-ups?

More articles
Residence permits for foreign start-ups

Where can I submit an application?

The application for a residence permit for a start-up entrepreneur must be submitted to the IND by the start-up entrepreneur or an authorised representative.
Start-up entrepreneurs residing abroad must submit their application for a residence permit to the Dutch embassy or consulate in the country in which they are resident. View an overview of Dutch embassies and consulates around the world:
Exceptions to this are start-up entrepreneurs of Australian, Canadian, Japanese, New Zealand, American (USA) or South Korean nationality. These entrepreneurs can submit an application directly to the IND using the application form on the IND's website.
Foreign nationals who already have a valid residence permit for the Netherlands but who wish to transfer this to a residence permit for start-up entrepreneurs can also use the application form on the IND’s website.
Submitting an application costs €307.
For successful applications, the residence permit can be collected from the IND’s service desks in the Netherlands or at one of the officially cooperating Expatcenters or Expat Desks in the Netherlands.

Who assesses the application?

For the assessment, the IND consults with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency, a part of the Ministry of Economic Affairs. The agency gives advice in regards to the facilitator (1), innovativeness (2), the step-by-step plan (3) and the entry in the Trade Register (4). A positive response is required on all counts in order to obtain a residence permit. The IND will assess the applicant’s financial means (5).

Service menu right