In 2013 the Dutch government signed an Energy Agreement with parties involved in the energy market. The Wind Energy Roadmap, which outlines how offshore wind energy generation capacity is to be increased from 1,000 MW to 4,500 MW in 2023, is an important part of this Energy Agreement.
Wind farm zone subsidy and permit application
- 2015 Borssele Wind Farm Zone 700 MW, Sites I (350 MW) and II (350 MW). This tender has been awarded to DONG Energy Borssele 1 B.V.
- 2016 Borssele Wind Farm Zone 680 MW, Sites III (330 MW) and IV (350 MW). This tender has been awarded to Blauwwind II c.v., a consortium of Eneco, Diamond Generation Europe (100% subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation), Shell and Van Oord.
- 2017 Borssele Wind Farm Zone, Innovation Site V (20 MW). The tender is expected to open in Q4 2017.
- 2017 Hollandse Kust zuid Wind Farm Zone 700 MW, Sites I and II. The tender is expected to open in September 2017.
- 2018 Hollandse Kust zuid Wind Farm Zone 700 MW, Sites III and IV.
- 2019 Hollandse Kust noord Wind Farm Zone 700 MW, Site V.
Subsidy and permit applications
Subsidies and permits for the development of the wind farms will be awarded to the lowest bid that meets all criteria.
Hollandse Kust (zuid) I & II
Wind Farm Site Decisions
The Wind Farm Site Decisions Hollandse Kust (zuid) Sites I and II and more legislation about offshore wind energy in the Netherlands can be found on Officiele bekendmakingen (in Dutch only).
Seven parties have made an appeal against the final Wind Farm Site Decicions (WFS) I and II Hollandse Kust (zuid) at the Council of State. More information on this appeal can be found on RVO.nl (in Dutch only).
Project and Site Description
The project and site description (PSD) is designed to help any party with an interest in participating in the planned SDE+ grant and permit tender for Hollandse Kust zuid Wind Farm Sites I and II (HKZWFS I and II) in the Hollandse Kust zuid Wind Farm Zone in the Netherlands. This document summarises a description of the site, surroundings and characteristics of HKZWFS I and II.
Project en Site Description Hollandse kust (zuid) I and II, version April 2017, including the Appendices B: Summary Environmental Impact Assessment and C: Bounderies and Coordinates HKZWFS I and II. appendix A will be available as soon as the Ministerial Order for Offshore Eind Energy 2017 has been published.
New in this project and site description is a Map of the existing port and manufacturing infrastructure base in the Netherlands.
Borssele Wind Farm Site V, Innovation Site
- opportunities for entrepreneurs based in the Netherlands to test and demonstrate advanced technologies (showcase)
- a contribution to wind energy cost reduction
- a contribution to the Dutch economy: widening of the market and export potential for Dutch companies
- an increase of knowledge in the Netherlands by engaging companies from small and medium-sized enterprises and knowledge institutes in developing the wind farm
- Offshorewind2017 -conference and exhibition (London, 6-8 June 2017). NL Enterprise Agency will showcase experiences in the Dutch wind energy sector, with a focus on driving down costs. More information about this event.
- Questions and Answers SDE Offshore Wind Energy Borssele Sites I and II (English, version 7, pdf 382 kB)
- Questions and Answers SDE Offshore Wind Energy Borssele Sites III and IV (English, version 19 September 2016) This version is the translation of the Dutch version of 16 and 19 September 2016.
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl) is executing the SDE+ offshore wind energy subsidy and permit tenders on behalf of the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
In Dutch: Windenergie op zee