In 2013 the Dutch government signed an Energy Agreement with parties involved in the energy market. The Wind Energy Roadmap, which outlines how offshore wind energy generation capacity is to be increased from 1,000 MW to 4,500 MW in 2023, is an important part of this Energy Agreement.
Wind farm zone subsidy and permit application
- 2015 Borssele Wind Farm Zone 700 MW, Sites I (350 MW) and II (350 MW). This tender has been awarded to DONG Energy Borssele 1 B.V.
- 2016 Borssele Wind Farm Zone 680 MW, Sites III (330 MW) and IV (350 MW). This tender has been awarded to Blauwwind II c.v., a consortium of Eneco, Diamond Generation Europe (100% subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation), Shell and Van Oord.
- 2017 Borssele Wind Farm Zone, Innovation Site V (20 MW). The tender is expected to open in Q4 2017.
- 2017 Hollandse Kust zuid Wind Farm Zone 700 MW. The tender is expected to open in Q3 2017.
- 2018 Hollandse Kust zuid Wind Farm Zone 700 MW
- 2019 Hollandse Kust noord Wind Farm Zone 700 MW
Subsidy and permit applications
The tenders for the offshore wind farms Borssele Wind Farm Zone has started. Subsidies and permits for the development of the wind farms on the sites I, II, III and IV have been or will be awarded to the lowest bid that meets all criteria.
Hollandse Kust (zuid) I & II
Borssele Wind Farm Site V, Innovation Site
- opportunities for entrepreneurs based in the Netherlands to test and demonstrate advanced technologies (showcase)
- a contribution to wind energy cost reduction
- a contribution to the Dutch economy: widening of the market and export potential for Dutch companies
- an increase of knowledge in the Netherlands by engaging companies from small and medium-sized enterprises and knowledge institutes in developing the wind farm
- Project en Site Description Hollandse kust (zuid) I and II, version November 2016, including the Appendices A: Applicable law, B: Summary Environmental Impact Assessment and C: Bounderies and Coordinates HKZWFS I and II.
- Questions and Answers SDE Offshore Wind Energy Borssele Sites I and II (English, version 7, pdf 382 kB)
- Questions and Answers SDE Offshore Wind Energy Borssele Sites III and IV (English, version 19 September 2016) This version is the translation of the Dutch version of 16 and 19 September 2016.
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl) is executing the SDE+ offshore wind energy subsidy and permit tenders on behalf of the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
In Dutch: Windenergie op zee