From 2015 onwards the methods for estimating GHG emissions (including the activity data and emission factors) are documented in five methodology reports.
These five reports are the following:
- Methodology report on the calculation of emissions to air from the sectors Energy, Industry and Waste (taskforce ENINA)
- Methods for calculating the emissions of transport in the Netherlands (taskforce Transport)
- Product usage by consumers, construction and services (taskforce WESP)
- Methodology for estimating emissions from agriculture in the Netherlands (taskforce Agriculture)
- Greenhouse gas reporting of the LULUCF sector in the Netherlands (taskforce LULUCF)
The methodology reports are accessible via the table below.
|2015/2016*||ENINA 2016 (volgt)||Klein et al 2016||WESP 2016||Agriculture 2015||LULUCF 2016 (volgt)|
* The NIR 2016 was the official submission for 2015 under the Kyoto Protocol and a resubmission for 2015 under the UNFCCC. Therefore there is only one set of methodology reports for both 2015 and 2016.
Until 2014 the methods were described in a set of about 40 monitoring protocols, which were based on the 1996 IPCC Guidelines. The last version of monitoring protocols (2014) can be downloaded using the link below.