The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are 17 goals to change the world for the better by 2030. In 2015, all 193 United Nations Member States agreed to these goals as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The goals are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and improve the lives and prospects of everyone, everywhere.
What are the SDGs?
The 17 SDGs are:
- No poverty
- Zero hunger
- Good health and well-being
- Quality education
- Gender equality
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, innovations and infrastructure
- Reduced inequalities
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Life below water
- Life on land
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Partnerships for the goals
To find out more about a specific goal, visit the UN website.
SDGs and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency
We support the SDGs and offer development cooperation programmes and subsidies which bring us one step closer to achieving the goals. We have programmes that focus specifically on: