Are you an innovative tech startup, ready to expand into Asia? Do you want to do business, work or connect with Taiwanese companies and investors? Or do you want to explore the market? If so, take part in InnoVEX Virtual, an online trade fair for startups. This virtual mission organised by TAITRA for startups aims to boost the position of Dutch startups in the Taiwanese and other Asian markets. The focus will be on innovative tech solutions. The trade fair is from September 2020 to March 2021. You can sign up until 31 August.
Pitch your business
For InnoVEX Virtual, 4 countries will set up a virtual pavilion of 5 startups. The Netherlands is one of these 4 countries. When InnoVEX Virtual is live, 5 Dutch companies will be the centre of attention. The Dutch delegation will get extra attention in November. You will get the chance to pitch your business live online. You will also be offered one-on-one matchmaking activities by TAITRA. Moreover, InnoVEX Virtual will help startups prepare for a possible physical mission to InnoVEX 2021.
Opportunities for Dutch startups in Taiwan
Taiwan offers excellent opportunities for Dutch startups. Taiwan plays an important role in the global high-tech supply chain and is the place to be for electronics manufacturing. For example, Taiwanese companies are responsible for almost 90% of the world's production of computer chips.
Due to its central location in Asia, Taiwan also serves as a hub for startups that want to enter the Asian markets. The Taiwanese government offers incentive programmes to encourage the best foreign startups to do business in Taiwan.
For Dutch startups, Taiwan is ideal to:
- Form strategic partnerships with Taiwanese tech companies to launch their products or services in the Asian market;
- Scaleup production with reliable, high-quality Taiwanese Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) partners.
What kind of startups can take part?
In the Dutch pavilion, there will be Dutch tech startups that are ready, in terms of their business and product developments, to take the next step towards the Taiwanese and other markets in Asia.
InnoVEX is a trade fair that deals with a wide range of technologies. This makes it highly suitable for startups with enabling technologies such as:
- Augmented and virtual reality;
- Artificial Intelligence (AI);
- Internet of Things (IoT);
- 3D printing;
- Consumer tech;
- Electrical components/photonics.
Criteria to join
Startups must meet the following criteria to join:
- Market acceptance of product or service on the Dutch market;
- Already in operation or ready for international upscaling;
- Focus on Taiwanese or Asian developments and market;
- Product or service is potentially disturbing;
- High-tech innovative product or service;
- Looking for partners for innovation cooperation;
- Intention to join in InnoVEX 2021;
- Highly motivated to represent the Netherlands at InnoVEX;
- Registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
During InnoVEX Virtual, you can promote your company in Taiwan. You will have the chance to meet many potential business partners. The programme consists of:
Events not open to the public – November 2020
- Meeting on Taiwan and the programme as preparation;
- Live online presentation where you present your product or service to the online audience;
- One-on-one matchmaking meetings.
Public events – online for 6 months
- Online promotion of your company;
- Pre-recorded webinar.
Long-term online event
InnoVEX Virtual will be held from September 2020 to March 2021. In the virtual Dutch pavilion, the Dutch startup ecosystem will be promoted together with 5 innovative Dutch startups. You will have the opportunity to introduce your business online with text, images and video via a pre-recorded webinar.
To get an idea of the possibilities of video promotion or webinars, take a look at the Computex Online webinar.
Costs and participation
Participation in this virtual mission for startups is free of cost.
The Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) organises the InnoVEX Virtual trade show. The Netherlands Enterprise Agency, together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Netherlands Office Taipei, is responsible for the Dutch presence at the fair.
If you have questions, please contact:
T: +31 (0)6 2941 3906
T: +31 (0)6 2564 1019