Is your deep-tech startup ready for the next international step? Do you want to do business and meet companies and investors? Then join our trade mission to Slush 2022 in Helsinki. This is Europe's most significant event on the startup calendar. Register before 11 September 2022.
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) and the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs invite Netherlands-based startups to sign up for this unique mission. This trade mission aims to strengthen the global position of Dutch startups. It also targets the expansion of the Dutch startup ecosystem. This year's theme is innovative tech solutions.
With more than 12,000 visitors, 4,200 startups, 2,200 investors and 650 journalists, Slush in Helsinki is the meeting place for the startup world. The trade show allows you to present your company to a broad and diverse audience.
NL Lounge at Slush
The Netherlands has its own NL Lounge at Slush. Along with other Dutch startup companies, this will be your headquarters to meet with the global startup community.
RVO and its partners also organise many side events where you can meet with investors, coaches and fellow innovators.
Why take part?
RVO's startup mission to Slush 2022 targets developing tech companies with the ambition to scale up. We offer valuable side events and network opportunities with our regional partners.
Slush gives you a chance to:
- present your product or service to a large, international audience;
- validate or test your product or service;
- attract new customers;
- expand your international network;
- build strategic partnerships with other companies;
- meet potential investors;
- attract talent;
- generate media attention;
- learn about the European and global markets and your competition.
Slush offers you plenty of opportunities for meetings, networking and challenges.
We invite startups that:
- have a high-tech, innovative and potentially disruptive product or service;
- have a product or service that has a proven market acceptance in the Dutch market;
- have started or are ready for international scale-up;
- seek Series Funding A, B or C;
- are registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
Does your company not fit this profile, but would you still like to join this trade mission? Please explain in your application why you should be part of the Dutch delegation to Slush.
We are still finalising this trade mission. Below you will find the preliminary programme (subject to change).
|13 October||CES Unveiled: Meet other startups and get to know RVO's startup ecosystem.|
|27 October||Slush Bootcamp: Preparation for Slush 2022.|
|15 November||Welcome to Helsinki: Enjoy food and drinks and meet with the Dutch delegation and diplomatic mission in Helsinki.|
|16 November||4TU Impact Challenge: Get to know Helsinki's startup ecosystem.|
|17-18 November||Slush 2022|
Registration and fees
You can no longer register for this event.
Companies that join the mission must fall within the format and focus of the mission. Registration does not guarantee your place in this mission. We assess your registration based on the requirements mentioned earlier.
We also encourage women's entrepreneurship. We do not select participants based on gender. But we challenge you to look for women participants within your organisation to take part in this mission.
The participation fee is €500 (excluding VAT) per company. Only 2 participants per company can take part. This fee gives you:
- unlimited access to Slush;
- access to the Slush Bootcamp preparatory meeting;
- use of the NL Lounge as a meeting point at Slush;
- access to side events and network activities such as breakfast sessions, Helsinki city tour, drinks at the embassy and the 4TU Pitch Event;
- a chance to meet with the heads of technical universities;
- a chance to meet with RVO representatives;
- access to networking events;
- matchmaking opportunities with potential investors;
- the opportunity to sign contracts or Memoranda of Understandings in the presence of the Head of Delegation;
- support from the Netherlands Embassy in Helsinki and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency;
- exclusive pitching opportunities (pre-selected by the Slush organisers);
- transportation in Helsinki.
Travel and accommodation
Travel and accommodation are at your own expense. This also applies to meals and drinks, unless stated otherwise in the programme.
The organisation will decide 8 weeks in advance whether to proceed with the trade mission. They will base their decision on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' travel advice, the event's entry regulations and the local situation in Finland. Participants will be informed immediately if the event is postponed or cancelled. If that is the case, we will not collect any fees. Even after a decision to allow the mission to go ahead, the organisation reserves the right to cancel the trade mission in the event of unforeseen circumstances. We will not charge any participant costs in such cases.
Participants are responsible for arranging travel and accommodation. They must cancel travel and accommodation arrangements themselves if we cancel the mission. Any costs associated with this are for the participant.
Corporate Social Responsibility
The Dutch government places importance on corporate social responsibility (CSR) and endorses the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises. These state the CSR standards for internationally active entrepreneurs. Following the OECD guidelines is one of the conditions for participation in this mission.
For more information about this trade mission, please contact:
Project leader Slush 2022
Netherlands Enterprise Agency
Phone: +31 6 2551 6714
Questions about the registration process
Project leader Slush 2022
Netherlands Enterprise Agency
Phone: +31 6 2942 3906