Would you like to know more about Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in Sri Lanka? Join our webinar 'Responsible Business Conduct (RBC) on 26 January 2021 (2:00 – 4:00 PM IST).
Companies can no longer deny the importance of CSR. Governments, consumers, NGOs, and other stakeholders ask businesses to act responsibly. Expectations are only increasing. This webinar is relevant to entrepreneurs who want to learn about sustainable business. It is the first webinar in a series of 4 on corporate social responsibility in Sri Lanka.
Who should join?
We invite Dutch and Sri Lankan parties to join this online event.
What does the webinar offer you?
This first webinar in the series is an introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility. Expert speakers will give practical examples from the field and explain:
- What CSR means and what actions companies should take;
- How to avoid risks to people and the environment when making business decisions;
- How to add value to your business or the products you import or export to or from Sri Lanka;
- Why it is smart to invest in the relationship with supply chain partners.
The speakers of the first webinar are:
- Frank About Tea: Mrs. Valerie Hirschhauser, Chief Tea Officer
- Aitken Spence: Ms. Stasshani Jayawardena, Director
- Fairtrade Original: Mr. Martin Boon, Development Manager
- Lanka Impact Investing Network (LIIN): Mr. Chandula Abeywickrema, Founder and Chairman
After this webinar, we will host 3 additional webinars. These webinars will focus on the sectors clothing, tourism and agri-food. We have not yet set the dates for these events. Please check the event calendar for updates.
Participation and costs
Sign up for this English spoken webinar online. The registration deadline is 25 January 2021. After registration, you will receive a link to the webinar.
Participation is free of charge.
We will soon inform you about the programme.
If you have any questions, please contact:
The Dutch embassy in Colombo, the Netherlands Enterprise Agency and CSR Sri Lanka organise this webinar series.