How can we rebuild our community after COVID-19? How can we work towards a more responsible tourism sector? Join our webinar on 30 March 2021 and learn how you can turn sustainable tourism into a business benefit. Experienced speakers will inspire you with practical examples from the field.
This is the third webinar in a series of 4. The first webinar focused on Responsible Business Conduct (RBC) in Sri Lanka. The agro-food sector was the subject of the second one. This presentation will zoom-in on the tourism sector.
Who can join?
We invite Dutch and Sri Lankan businesses from the travel and hospitality industry. Other tourism-related companies and organisations are also welcome to join this online event.
What will this webinar offer you?
This webinar will highlight the trends after COVID-19.
- How will it change the tourism industry?
- How will it change the behaviour of travellers and tour operators?
- How can responsible developments help you meet the changing demands? Think of community-based tourism, footprint reduction and plastic-free travel.
Knowledgeable speakers will explain both trends and responsible concepts. Illustrated through practical examples from the field. Confirmed speakers include:
- Jeanette Scherpenzeel, Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries (CBI)
- Frank Oostdam, the Dutch Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (ANVR)
- Hiran Cooray, Jetwing Hotels
- Rohan Abeywickrema, Association for Small & Medium Enterprises in Tourism (ASMET)
- Saskia Pepping, MVO Nederland
Making your business model responsible is not only the best way but also the smart thing to do. In the long term, only sustainable business models will be future proof.
We can no longer ignore the importance of Responsible Business Conduct. All stakeholders have a responsibility to balance People, Planet and Profit. This also applies to companies in the Sri Lankan tourism sector.
The sector faces issues such as how to rebuild the tourism industry after COVID-19. How we can do this in a responsible, safe and profitable way. This webinar will try to answer questions such as:
- How do I meet the changing demand of travellers after the pandemic?
- Which trends and developments are important?
- How do I use these trends to make my business more profitable and resilient?
- How can I distinguish myself and gain access to relevant markets?
This is the time to boost your strategic planning and use sustainable standards.
Do you need more information? Please contact:
Edwin Koster (Max Value)
Annette Weijman (Netherlands Enterprise Agency)