The Netherlands pavilion at Dubai Expo 2020 has just become a little greener. Last week, 2 contracts were signed with hospitality and facility management companies: GL Events and the Transguard Group. The Netherlands Enterprise Agency commissioned the pavilion.
EXPO 2020 will be held between 10 October 2020 and 10 April 2021 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The Netherlands pavilion will have its own biotope with a circular climate system. Watch Minister of Trade and Development Sigrid Kaag’s video message.
Hospitality in the Netherlands pavilion
A consortium of 3 companies will be responsible for hospitality at EXPO 2020. These 3 companies will carry out various tasks:
- GL Events will recruit and manage the pavilion’s hosts.
- Van der Linde Catering + Events will cater for the pavilion’s restaurant and business lounge with sustainability on the menu.
- Meetinglinq will run the pavilion’s shop. The company specialises in sustainble products made, for example, from biodegradeable materials.
The Transguard Group will take care of facility management of the Netherlands pavilion during EXPO 2020. The group will be responsible for:
- Security, cleaning and waste management; and
- Gardening and growing oyster mushrooms.
Transguard’s CEO declared that the company’s strength lies in its fully integrated solutions, “We are dedicated to the growth and success of our Dubai Expo 2020 partners.”
SMEs play key role in pavilion
SMEs will play a key role at the EXPO 2020. They are already represented in the consortium which is designing and building the pavilion. Now they are also involved in the pavilion’s hospitality consortium.
Find out more
For more information on the Netherlands pavilion at the world expo, see the Dutch unite water, energy and food in Dubai Expo 2020 pavilion and Dutchdubai.
Read more about the expo in this leaflet Dubai World Expo 2020 (pdf).
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news on EXPO 2020.