Every year, international organisations spend billions of euros on projects in developing countries and emerging markets. This results in tenders and assignments that could be interesting to your business.
When doing business with international organisations, good preparation and an effective strategy are essential. The Netherlands Enterprise Agency has various possibilities to support your company. We can help you explore opportunities, devise a strategy and position your company and its products.
Our advisors can help you free-of-charge with various services or combinations of services. Our experts provide information and advice on funding and subsidies. We put our worldwide network of embassies and other government representatives at your disposal, giving you access to the right contacts. At the same time, we facilitate visits abroad and participation in trade missions. We also advocate Dutch know-how and expertise in the top sectors (such as water management, energy, agriculture). Our business tools enable you to make use of the following services:
- consultation about opportunities and possibilities for your company;
- provision of answers to your questions via email, telephone or in the form of an information pack;
- networks and contacts at international organisations, both head offices and in specific countries;
- participation in events with international organisations in the Netherlands or abroad (for announcements you can subscribe to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency international newsletter and / or join our LinkedIn group);
- participation in events with international organisations in the Netherlands or abroad (for announcements you can subscribe to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency international newsletter and / or join our LinkedIn company page);
- participation in missions;
- availability of sector reports (a limited number of focus sectors have been designated per organisation).
If we consider your company has a good chance of success and you have ambitions to enter international markets? Then you can arrange long-term support and cooperation with us. In a tailor-made approach, we will set out which route is best suited to you and what we, as a government agency, can do for you at various stages of this process.
Foreign markets are complex and demanding, even with the help of international organisations to help you obtain orders, finance and form partnerships (for instance public-private partnerships). If you are already internationally active as a company and would you like to tap into new markets in the next phase? Then it may be worth exploring the opportunities open to you through international organisations. These markets are generally poorly organised and you must allow time to position your products and company. Perseverance and commitment over a longer period (6-18 months) are required.
If you are interested, then we will be happy to discuss your ambitions, any business cases and the role that we can play. In exceptional cases we can also support new, innovative companies; so do not hesitate to contact us with any queries you may have.
Current projects and tenders
In the online Netvibes dossier, we have compiled current projects and public tenders from international organisations. However, this dossier does not include the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the World Bank projects and tenders. For this information see:
Instruments for support
Our support can also consist of the use of other Netherlands Enterprise Agency instruments to realise your business plan, for example:
- Partners for International Business (PIB) – support for groups of companies and knowledge institutions that want to jointly enter a foreign market
- DHI – subsidy scheme for demonstration projects, feasibility studies and investment studies
- DGGF – financing for (SME) entrepreneurs who want to invest in emerging markets and developing countries
- D2B – supports foreign governments to develop development-relevant, infrastructural projects with an eye for the impact on people, the environment and society
- DRIVE – support for infrastructural projects in low-income and middle-income countries