The Energy Investment Allowance (EIA) is a scheme for companies, not for private individuals, associations or foundations.
Requirements to qualify for EIA
- You are an entrepreneur in the Netherlands, Aruba, Curacao, Sint Maarten or the BES Islands;
- you pay income or company tax;
- you make an investment which is included in the Energy List (these are referred to as company resources in the Energy List);
- the company resource meets the requirements for the Energy List.
- The company resource has not been used before.
- You report the company resource on time (main rule: within three months after the order to supply).
If your investment is not on the Energy List
To have your investment included in the Energy List, take the following steps:
1. establish that it saves energy;
2. see if you can report the investment under a generic code;
3. submit a proposal to include the investment in the 2020 Energy List.