The Horizon Europe framework programme cluster 5 aims for a climate-neutral Europe by 2050. The goal is to speed up green and digital transitions and associated transformations of the economy, industry and society. This involves the transition to greenhouses and gas-neutral energy and mobility sectors by 2050.
Cluster 5 funds projects that contribute to research and innovative solutions that focus on:
- climate change adaptation, including climate services,
- pathways to climate neutrality,
- renewable energy systems,
- carbon capture,
- energy-efficient buildings,
- smart and zero-emission transport,
- safer mobility solutions, and
- green, fair and inclusive services targeted at cities and citizens.
Activities under this Cluster will directly support:
- the European Green Deal;
- Paris Agreement;
- Sustainable Development Goals; and
- political priorities in the fields of climate, energy and mobility.
The activities will also contribute to more and better jobs, inclusive growth based on innovation and a faster industrial transformation.
Calls for proposals
The Cluster 5 programme 2021-2022 has several calls for proposals. The calls have 6 goals:
- Climate sciences and responses for the transformation towards climate neutrality;
- Cross-sectoral solutions for the climate transition;
- Sustainable, secure and competitive energy supplies;
- Efficient, sustainable and inclusive energy use;
- Clean and competitive solutions for all transport modes; and
- Safe, resilient transport and smart mobility services for passengers and goods.
The European Commission will publish the calls for proposals throughout the period of 2021 and 2022.
See the European Commission’s Funding and Tender opportunities portal for the calls.
Questions or advice?
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency hosts the National Contact Point (NCP) for Horizon Europe. Contact the Climate, energy and mobility advisors for questions or advice on how to apply for funding and how to develop your project proposal.