If your business is interested in producing renewable energy, it may be eligible for an SDE+ grant. Listed below are the 9 steps needed to apply for a grant. Follow them carefully to ensure the success of your application.
This subsidy programme is closed. You cannot apply at this moment.
Step 1: Apply for your means of identification
Step 2: Create your application
- Log in to the e-Service Point (eLoket) (Dutch only);
- Select your application category on the 'Select theme' (Thema selecteren) tab page;
- Select the appropriate form by answering a number of questions;
- Insert all data in the form relating to your installation;
- When planning your project, please take into account which activities are necessary to receive the subsidy. You can create your application in the e-Service Point and save it at any time during the process.
Step 3: Submit your application
You can submit your application when the SDE+ round of applications has opened. The application round consists of several phases. Please pay attention to the phase when you submit your application.
- Answer all questions truthfully;
- Add all the compulsory appendices;
- Check your application carefully;
- Submit your online application;
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation containing your file number immediately after you have submitted your application;
- Your application will be saved in 'My Overview' (Mijn Overzicht).
Step 4: RVO.nl processes your application
- We process applications in order of receipt;
- Applications received at 5 pm or later will be considered as having been received on the following working day;
- Applications must be submitted by 5 pm on the closing date of the application round;
- If we receive more applications than the remaining available budget on one day, we will rank these in order of the application amounts. For the renewable gas categories, we divide the application amount by an adjustment factor of 0.706 and round off the amount to 3 decimals;
- If we receive several applications for the same amount of subsidy equating to the budget limit, we will make a selection by drawing lots.
How do we process your application?
- Completeness review: We will only process your subsidy application if it is complete. The date on which your application is complete determines the ranking of your application;
- Content review: We check whether your subsidy application meets the subsidy conditions based on the technical and financial data;
- If we have any questions, we will contact you for any additional or missing data.
Step 5: You will receive a subsidy decision
- If your application has been assessed you will receive a subsidy decision;
- The subsidy granted to you by RVO.nl in the subsidy decision is a maximum amount for the entire period of the subsidy. It is based on the base price for energy, which is the lower limit of the correction amount;
- We calculate the actual amount of the subsidy each year based on the amount of energy produced and the level of the correction amount;
- Pursuant to the Stimulation of Sustainable Energy Production Decision, the minister has 13 weeks to complete the entire 'application' to 'decision' process. This period may be extended once for a maximum of 13 weeks.
Step 6: Build your project
- Before commissioning the installation, you should contact the regional network operator to verify the costs and planning of your connection;
- Within 18 months of the subsidy decision, you are required to submit to RVO.nl copies of your contracts, including a description of the components of the installation and the contracts relating to the construction of the installation;
- Build the project and put the installation into operation within the time periods stipulated by law. The periods in which the installation must be built and put into operation are stated in your subsidy decision.
Step 7: Apply for your EAN code
- Upon completion of your project, submit a request to your transmission system operator for your EAN code for your sustainable installation. If you have several installations you will receive several EAN codes;
- If you have received your EAN code(s) and completed the installation, contact an issuing body: CertiQ (for renewable electricity and heating) or Vertogas (for renewable gas);
- The transmission system operator, or in the case of heat generation, the metering company, must certify you as a producer of renewable energy;
- For more information, visit CertiQ.nl/en or Vertogas.nl.
Step 8: You receive the SDE+ subsidy
- The application for the advance is based on the projected production;
- You will receive 80% of the subsidy as an advance in monthly instalments;
- We determine the amount of the advance annually;
- The advances on the subsidy will be paid if your installation is officially registered with CertiQ/Vertogas. They will provide us with the metering data;
- We will make a retroactive adjustment each year based on the definitive correction amount and the production data for the past calendar year. We refer to this as the 'adjustment' of your subsidy;
- You will automatically receive a final account, based on the production data submitted to us by CertiQ or Vertogas.
Step 9: RVO.nl determines your definitive subsidy
- You should submit a request for settlement at the end of your subsidy period (after 8, 12 or 15 years);
- Based on this, we will determine your definitive subsidy;
- If you have received insufficient subsidy, we will pay the relevant amount retroactively. We will claim repayment of any excess subsidy paid.