The Netherlands Enterprise Agency organizes tenders for the construction of wind farms. Applications can be submitted in these tenders for - if necessary - a subsidy, a permit, physical data from the wind areas and a connection to TenneT's electricity network.
Offshore Wind Energy Roadmap
New Offshore Wind Energy Roadmap outlines where new wind farms will be built in the North Sea between 2024 and 2030. In 2013, the Dutch government signed an Energy Agreement with parties involved in the energy market. It was agreed that 5 wind farms should be completed by 2023. Together with the existing wind farms, these should ensure a total installed capacity of 4.5 gigawatts. The new roadmap calls for offshore wind farms worth an additional 7 gigawatts.
Wind farm zones: the tenders
- 2015: Borssele Wind Farm Zone, Sites I and II: 752 MW.
- 2016: Borssele Wind Farm Zone, Sites III and IV: 731.5 MW.
- 2017: Hollandse Kust (zuid) Wind Farm Zone, Sites I and II: 740 MW.
- 2017: Borssele Wind Farm Zone, Innovation Site V: 19 MW.
- 2018: Hollandse Kust (zuid) Wind Farm Zone Sites III and IV: 700 MW.
- 2019: Hollandse Kust (noord) Wind Farm Zone, Site V: 700 MW
- 2021: Wind Farm Zone Hollandse Kust (west): 1400 MW.
- 2022: Wind Farm Zone Ten Noorden van de Waddeneilanden: 700 MW.
- 2023 – 2026: Wind Farm Zone IJmuiden Ver: 4000 MW.
Existing wind farms in the North Sea
Subsidy and permit applications
- Applicable law (only available in Dutch)
- Offshore Grid TenneT (only available in Dutch)
- Noordzeeloket (government information on the North Sea)
- NoordzeeWind (about the Egmond aan Zee wind farm)