On 5 July 2017 the subsidy and permits for the Borssele Wind Farm Sites I and II were awarded to DONG Energy Borssele 1 B.V. There were 38 bids in total, with Danish offshore wind developer DONG Energy Borssele 1 B.V. submitting the winning bid.
Tender applicants for Borssele I and II
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency has decided to publish the names of applicants in alphabetical order only. Contrary to earlier announcements, the Netherlands Enterprise Agency will not publish a list in the order of the auction prices.
The reason is that the Netherlands Enterprise Agency received several tenders from DONG Energy A/S subsidiaries (BVs under incorporation). By providing a ranking list in the order of the auction prices, DONG Energy A/S could possibly calculate auction prices paid by other applicants. Applicants’ bids are confidential and commercially sensitive. By publishing the list in the order of the auction prices, the Netherlands Enterprise could possibly be giving DONG Energy A/S an advantage and in doing so, putting other companies at a disadvantage.
Project and Site Description (PSD)
The Project and Site Description (PSD) and the appendices:
- A: Applicable law;
- B: Environmental Impact Assessment gives a description of the Borssele wind farm sites I and II and the site investigations.
More information about the subsidy for the Borssele wind farm sites I and II can be found on mijnrvo.nl.
Construction of the wind farm
Ørsted Borssele 1 B.V. will built the wind farm in 2020 more than 22 kilometres off the coast of the province of Zeeland. With 94 turbines type Siemens Gamesa 8,0 MW-167 DD this wind farm will get a total installed capacity of 752 MW.
- Project and Site Description BWFS I and II, final version, April 2016
- Wind Farm Site Decisions BWFS I and II (Kavelbesluiten, translated in Appendix A: Applicable law)
- List of applicants offshore wind energy tender Borssele sites I and II
- Final version of the questions and answers