On Monday 12 December 2016, the Minister of Economic Affairs announced that Blauwwind II c.v., a consortium of Eneco, Diamond Generation Europe (100% subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation), Shell and Van Oord is the winner of the tender and subsidy and permits for Borssele Wind Farm Sites III & IV. The winning bid is 5.45 eurocents per kilowatt hour. For this tender a subsidy of just 0.3 billion euros is expected. In total, 26 bids from seven consortia were received in the tender to secure permits and an associated SDE+ subsidy for the Borssele Wind Farm Sites III and IV.
Tender applicants for Borssele III and IV
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency will publish an alphabetical list with the names of ranked applicants. In total, 20 applications received a ranking. Of the 26 applications received, 20 met the criteria and requirements in the tender. Tender sums of applicants are subject to company confidentiality and are competition-sensitive information. For this reason, the Netherlands Enterprise Agency discloses only the names of ranked applicants.
Project and Site Description (PSD)
The Project and Site Description (PSD) and the appendices:
- A: Applicable law;
- B: Environmental Impact Assessment;
- C: Boundaries and Coordinates gives a description of the Borssele wind farm sites III and IV and the site investigations.
More information about the subsidy for the Borssele wind farm sites III and IV can be found on mijnrvo.nl.
Construction of the wind farm
Blauwwind II c.v. will built the wind farm in 2020. With 77 turbines type V164 - 9.5 MW this wind farm will get a total installed capacity of 731,5 MW.
- List of applicants offshore wind energy tender Borssele sites III and IV (see document below);
- Amendment decision on the Borssele III, IV and V Wind Farm Site Decisions (in Dutch);
- Project and Site Description Borssele Wind Farm Zone III and IV, version July 2016, including the Appendices A: Applicable law, B: Summary Environmental Impact Assessment and C: Boundaries and Coordinates Borssele Wind Farm Zone;
- Questions and Answers SDE Offshore Wind Energy Borssele Sites III and IV (English, version 19 September 2016) This version is a translation of the Dutch version of 16 and 19 September 2016.
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl) is executing the SDE+ offshore wind energy subsidy and permit tenders on behalf of the Ministry of Economic Affairs of Climate Policy.
In Dutch: Windenergie op zee