In 2013, the Dutch government signed an Energy Agreement with parties involved in the energy market. The Wind Energy Roadmap, which outlines how offshore wind energy generation capacity is to be increased from 1,000 MW to 4,500 MW in 2023, is an important part of this Energy Agreement.
Wind farm zone subsidy and permit application
- 2015 Borssele Wind Farm Zone, Sites I and II (752 MW). This tender has been awarded to Ørsted Borssele.
- 2016 Borssele Wind Farm Zone, Sites III and IV (731,5 MW).This tender has been awarded to Blauwwind II c.v., a consortium of Eneco, Diamond Generating Europe (100% subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation), Shell and Van Oord.
- 2017 Borssele Wind Farm Zone, Innovation Site V (20 MW). The tender was open from 2 January 2018 till 18 January 2018.
- 2017 Hollandse Kust Zuid Wind Farm Zone 700 MW, Sites I and II. The tender was open from 15 December 2017 till 21 December 2017.
- Hollandse Kust (Zuid) Wind Farm Zone Sites III and IV. The tender is expected to open in the fourth quarter of 2018.
- 2019 Hollandse Kust Noord Wind Farm Zone 700 MW, Site V.
Subsidy and permit applications
5 offshore wind farm zones have been designated for the development of new wind farms. To establish these farms we provide a subsidy if necessary, a permit for building the wind farms, site data of the wind farms and a connection to the electricity network of TenneT. Subsidies and permits for the development of the wind farms will be awarded to the bid meeting all criteria.