You can no longer apply for an SDG 7 Results subsidy. The deadline for subsidy applications was 14 February 2022 12:00 CET.
How to apply
You can only apply for SDG 7 Results if you submitted a concept note before 22 November 2021 17:00 CET and have received advice from us.
SDG 7 Results is open for subsidy applications from 3 January 2022 9:00 CET until 14 February 2022 12:00 CET. Please mention the concept note reference number in your correspondence.
You may submit no more than 2 subsidy applications for this programme.
You must submit the following attachments in English:
- Annex 1: Activity proposal & business plan (Word, Odt)
- Annex 2: Financial plan (Excel)
- Annex 3: Activity EAMD scorecard analysis ( Excel)
- Annex 4: Audited annual reports including the applicant's financial statements from the last 3 years (2018, 2019, 2020). Read the financial guidelines (Word, Odt)
- Annex 5: Official company/organisation registration documents. This is only for applicants not registered in the Netherlands.
- Annex 6: Official licenses to operate in the target market
- Annex 7: Product test reports
- Clean cooking: Certificates for each product you want to distribute. Please see the technologies page.
- Access to electricity:
- For products tested by VeraSol: a link to the specification page on the VeraSol website. Please include this link in your project proposal in chapter 3.6.2; or
- For products tested by other independent testing institutes, provide a report for each of your products. Reports must use the same parameters and units as VeraSol. Attach these reports to your application. Visit the technologies page for more information.
- Annex 9: Integrity policy. Please read chapter 4.8, ‘Integrity policy’ in the project proposal form for specific instructions. Please note that this annex is only mandatory for subsidy requests above 1 million euros.
- Annex 11: Mini-grid business case. Please email SDG7Results@rvo.nl and we will send you this annex. This annex is only mandatory for applications involving mini-grids.
- Annex 8: Proof of third-party financers if applicable. For example, confirmed loans and (bank) guarantees. For more information, see the financial guidelines (Word, Odt).
- The subsidy amount does not cover all the project costs. You are responsible for financing the remaining part, also known as own contribution. When assessing a subsidy application, the Netherlands Enterprise Agency checks whether you can finance your own contribution. We reject an application if there is not enough evidence that you can finance the project. At the time of application, you need to demonstrate how you will finance the rest of the costs.
- Annex 10: Corporate social responsibility policy. If we approve your application and you do not yet have a corporate social responsibility policy, you must send us one within a year after we have approved your activity.
After your application
We will first check whether your application is complete. If your application is complete, we will assess it and give it a score. During the assessment, we will consult with the Dutch embassy in the country you are applying for. If the COVID-19 travel restrictions allow it, we will also visit your company.
Projects that meet the threshold criteria and score well will compete to receive a subsidy. We will rank these projects. They will then receive a subsidy in the order of their ranking until we have allocated all the available budget.
If your project does not meet the threshold criteria, you will not receive a subsidy.
Once the tender is closed, we will decide on your application within 13 weeks.
If we approve your application, you can carry out your project with our support. We use your progress report and our annual meeting to evaluate the results every year.
Reasons for application rejection
We can reject your application for the following reasons:
- We receive your application after the deadline;
- Your application is not complete after the tender deadline;
- Your project does not meet our project threshold and ranking criteria;
- It is not likely that your project will be completed within the subsidy period;
- Your project ranks lower than other projects. And all available budget has been allocated;
- You already receive a subsidy for your project from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, either directly or indirectly;
- Your organisation already receives a subsidy during the project period from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, either directly or indirectly;
- You have not proved that you or other parties can finance your project.