Would you like to improve your chances in an international market? Are you looking for new networks and customers for your product or service in another country? Do you want to export to another country or improve your sales figures? If so, it is a good idea to take part in a trade fair in another country. We can help you by making a financial contribution towards your trade fair participation costs. We do this via the Starters International Business programme (SIB).
You can use the SIB Individual trade fair participation scheme to cover 50% of your costs for participation in a trade fair, up to a maximum of €2,500 (excluding VAT).
You will still need to pay for your own travel and accommodation costs.
You can apply for the financial contribution:
- if you are a Dutch SME owner. To check if your business meets the criteria of an SME, use the online English test from the European Commission.
- from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands: Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Saba, Sint Eustatius or Sint Maarten.
What can you use it for?
You can apply for a financial contribution if you take part in a trade fair in another country on your own. If you are planning to take part in a trade fair as part of a group, the SIB Mission voucher could be a good option for you.
You can use this contribution to hire and set up a stand at a trade fair in another country. The trade fair must be aimed at international exhibitors and visitors.
SIB Individual trade fair participation conditions
- You own an SME.
- You can apply for a financial contribution once per calendar year.
- You can only apply twice for the same trade fair.
How to apply for SIB Individual trade fair participation
You can apply for SIB Individual trade fair participation at mijn.rvo.nl.
In your application:
- you must state the name of the trade fair you want a financial contribution for;
- include a quotation for the cost of hiring and setting up a stand.
You must apply for a financial contribution before the trade fair takes place. You will not be able to do so afterwards.
- For applications from the Netherlands, choose VIO 2021: Financiële bijdrage individuele beursdeelname in the application form. Please note: If you are applying for SIB Individual trade fair participation from the Netherlands, you will need eHerkenning level 2+. If you do not have this, please first request eHerkenning. It will take a few days before this is processed.
- If you are applying from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom, you must complete the form ‘Individuele beursdeelname - Caribisch deel van het Koninkrijk’ (Individual participation in trade fairs – Caribbean part of the Kingdom). You do not need eHerkenning.
- The application forms are in Dutch. We trust your Dutch colleague to help you with them.
After your application
We process complete applications only, and in order of receipt. The date on which you sent the completed application is the date of receipt.
You will receive a notification of our decision within 13 weeks.
How to report changes
Do you need to make a change to your SIB Individual trade fair participation application? Please let us know.
- If you applied for the financial contribution from the Netherlands, go to mijn.rvo.nl. Click on the button Beheren and log in with eHerkenning level 2+. You can then make changes to your application. We trust your Dutch colleague to help you with this.
- If you applied for the voucher from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom, send an email to email@example.com.
We can only process administrative changes. You cannot change the content of the application. You can cancel your request.
Applying for a cost determination
Once the trade fair has ended, you will need to apply for a cost determination. This is required for payment of the financial contribution.
Include the invoice for the cost of hiring and setting up the stand with your application. You must apply for the cost determination within 22 weeks of taking part in the trade fair. You can do this at mijn.rvo.nl.
- If you are applying for the cost determination from the Netherlands, click on the button Beheren and log in with eHerkenning level 2+. Next, complete the task Verzilveren. We trust your Dutch colleague to help you with this.
- If you are applying for the cost determination from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom, complete the form 'Vaststelling individuele beursdeelname - Caribisch deel van het Koninkrijk' (Cost determination for individual participation in trade fairs – Caribbean part of the Kingdom). You do not need to log in first.
Good to know
We carry out random checks on cost determination applications. If your application is selected, we will ask you to give us extra information. We will decide on your application within 13 weeks.