Page in Dutch
Under the UN Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the Kyoto Protocol, Parties are required to report regularly on emissions of greenhouse gases and on steps they are taking to carry out the agreements. These national reports are reviewed by the UNFCCC.
To help with monitoring and reporting, the UN Convention on Climate and the Kyoto Protocol require a so-called National System and a Single National Entity, the authority that is responsible for the National System. The Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management has appointed the Netherlands Enterprise Agency as Single National Entity (NIE, National Inventory Entity).
How is it done
This part of the website of the Netherlands Enterprise Agency describes how the check is carried out in the Netherlands and contains information on the following subjects:
- National System: a general description of the Netherlands system for monitoring and reporting on greenhouse gas emissions. This system includes a set of methodology reports and arrangements for quality control and quality assurance, described on special webpages.
- Methodology reports: the methodology reports, describing methodologies for estimating and reporting greenhouse gas emissions in the Netherlands.
- National Reports: National Reports that the Netherlands submit under the Convention and the Kyoto Protocol, including annual national inventory reports, regular reports on climate policy (National Communications and Biennial Reports) and occasional special reports. Also results of UNFCCC reviews are made accessible.
- Quality control and assurance (QA/QC): description of a system of internal checks, review- and audit processes for managing the quality of the inventories and reports.
- References: for preparation of national reports, specific background information is used. Many background documents can be accessed on this website.
- Guidelines: an overview of the most relevant international guidelines, with which national reports must comply.
- Links: an overview of, and links to relevant organisations and institutes.
- Definitions: a glossary of terms and definitions used on this website.