The European Union's policies and programmes aim for a healthy population. A healthy population is vital to a stable, sustainable and inclusive society. But health care costs are under pressure. This is due to demographic changes and rising prevention costs for chronic diseases. The worldwide pandemic also adds to the increasing health care costs.
Health care systems reveal vulnerabilities in our social and economic system. They also reveal the urgency to act. Health care systems, professionals and citizens play an important role in responding to society's needs. Their actions serve society and help the economy.
Cluster 1 of the Horizon Europe Framework programme 2021-2022 addresses these challenges.
Calls for proposals
The programme has 6 goals (expected impacts):
- Stay healthy in a rapidly changing society;
- Live and work in a health-promoting environment;
- Tackle diseases and reduce disease burdens;
- Unlock the full potential of new tools, technologies and digital solutions for a healthy society;
- Ensure access to innovative, sustainable and high-quality health care; and
- Maintain an innovative, sustainable and globally competitive health-related industry.
The programme aims to reach these goals through calls for proposals and dedicated partnerships.
The European Commission will publish the calls for proposals throughout the period of 2021 and 2022.
See the European Commission’s Funding and Tender opportunities portal for the calls.
Questions or advice?
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency hosts the National Contact Point (NCP) for Horizon Europe. Contact the Health advisors for questions or advice on how to apply for funding and how to develop your project proposal.