When do you qualify for a residence permit for foreign startups?
16 February 2022
Last checked on:
6 February 2024
To qualify, you must meet the following conditions:
- Work together with a trusted and experienced mentor (facilitator) based in the Netherlands.
- Offer an innovative product or service.
- The startup entrepreneur has a step-by-step plan to develop their idea into a business.
- The startup entrepreneur and the facilitator are registered in the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel).
- The startup entrepreneur must have adequate financial resources to reside and live in the Netherlands for one year.
For a detailed overview of the criteria, please consult the IND website.
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy
Is this page useful?