Credit guarantee for SMEs - BMKB
Do you need more collateral to borrow money for your enterprise? Ask your financier to inform you about the credit guarantee for SMEs (BMKB). This credit scheme increases your company’s collateral and thus the financing options of your company, now and in the future.
Amount of funding
BMKB is available for enterprises established in the Netherlands, Bonaire, St. Eustatius or Saba, where most of the business activities must take place.
On Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba, BMKB is also available for agricultural enterprises, including the fishing industry and aquaculture.
BMKB is for enterprises, general partnerships, and one-person businesses that have:
- no more than 250 employees or fte; and
- a yearly turnover of up to 50 million euros; or
- total assets of up to 43 million euros.
BMKB is not available in the following situations:
- your enterprise is active in the health care sector;
- more than 50% of the latest yearly turnover or the expected turnover of your enterprise comes from:
- agriculture, horticulture, livestock farming, the fishing industry, the production of cattle feed or fish food;
- banking, insurance, investing or the financing of one or more enterprises; or
- purchasing, disposal, development, management or exploitation of real estate.
Enterprises with credit needs of up to 266,667 euros can finance three-quarters of the amount with BMKB.
Enterprises with credit needs exceeding 266,667 euros can finance no more than 50% of the amount with BMKB.
The maximum amount of BMKB credit has been raised to 1.5 million euros for now. The total budget for BMKB is:
- 1350 million euros for banks
- 150 million euros for non-banking financiers.
Extra support within BMKB
In some cases, you can apply for extra support within the credit guarantee BMKB. The conditions are:
- You started your enterprise less than three years ago;
- Your investment is aimed at technological innovation;
Ask your financier for the terms and conditions.
How to apply for BMKB
You can apply for BMKB until 1 July 2023. Apply via one of these banks or financiers:
How to apply for BMKB from Bonaire, St. Eustatius or Saba
You can apply for BMKB until 30 June 2022. Apply via one of these banks or financiers:
The following non-banking financiers apply the BMKB:
- Europese Horeca Financieringsmaatschappij
- Kredietunie Bakkerij Ondernemers
- Kredietunie Brabant
- Kredietunie Kennemerland
Do you want to apply the BMKB as a non-banking financier? The first step is to become a financier. Complete the Dutch form:
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy