SIB Collective Activity
With the SIB Collective activity subsidy, you can participate in a trade mission or trade fair in a specific country with other companies. You can use these events to promote your product or service to potential customers. The collective activity also lets you connect with possible trading partners and investors.
SIB Collective activity is part of Support International Business (SIB). With this subsidy, you can (partly) finance various activities that help you take the next step in international trade.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the Netherlands and the Dutch Caribbean territories can apply for the SIB subsidy. You must know which foreign market you want to export your product or service to. Also, you must show that you have the capacity and ambition to take the next step in expanding your business internationally.
The subsidy covers 50% of expenses up to a maximum of:
- €1,500 if you participate in a trade mission; or
- €2,500 if you participate in a trade fair.
Extra grant for 'green' SIB activities
Are you going to take part in a 'green' fair or mission? From 2023, you can apply for an extra SIB subsidy. If your activity meets our conditions, the subsidy can amount to 80% of the eligible costs, up to €2,500 for a 'green' fair and up to €1,500 for a mission.
We require the central theme of the fair or mission to address one of the 'green' goals categories (see the pdf in Dutch below) from the 'Green Missions or Fairs Assessment Framework'.
- A Dutch third party organises the mission or exhibition;
- The mission or exhibition must be publicly advertised;
- At least 5 companies must participate in the mission or exhibition;
- It is a multi-day event;
- The event will take place within 12 months of your application;
- The organising party does not work at, work for or have a connection with the applicant;
- The mission or exhibition does not receive financial reimbursement from the Dutch government or a European administrative organisation.
Please note that:
- This subsidy does not cover your travel and accomodation expenses;
- For the same mission or exhibition, you can receive up to 2 grants in consecutive years;
- You can use the subsidy for different missions and exhibitions, up to a total of €6,500 per year.
How to apply
Follow these 2 steps to apply for this subsidy:
- Request a quotation from the organiser of the mission or exhibition. The quotation states the participation fee.
- Apply for the subsidy within 3 months of receiving the quotation.
You or an intermediary must apply for the subsidy. The intermediary cannot have a link with the organiser of the activity. Also, the party which will be paid using the grant cannot apply for the SIB subsidy.
Apply for a subsidy from the Netherlands
If you apply for a subsidy from the Netherlands, you will need eHerkenning level 2+. If you do not have this, please first request eHerkenning. It may take up to a few weeks to get eHerkenning level 2+ or higher.
Apply for a subsidy from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
If you are applying for a subsidy from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands:
- Use the form for applying from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
- Complete the form and send it to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency with the quotation and the advisor's resume.
After your application
We process complete applications only, and in order of receipt. The date you sent the completed application is the date of receipt. You will receive a notification of our decision within 13 weeks.
If we approve your application, we will pay you the subsidy within 2 weeks. You will receive our final decision on the subsidy 21 weeks after the subsidy date.
We carry out random checks on subsidy applications. If we select your application for a check, we will ask you to provide extra information. If you do not respond to our request in time, it will affect your subsidy. You will risk having to pay back the subsidy plus a fine.
Do you need to adjust your application after we have granted the subsidy? Please notify us before the end of the mission or exhibition.
For subsidy applications from the Netherlands
- Visit mijn.rvo.nl/sib-collectieve-activiteit (in Dutch);
- Choose the Beheren button and log in;
- Go to your case and choose what you want to change.
For subsidy applications from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Report your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to notify us about any changes. Not notifying us may have implications for the subsidy. You will risk having to pay back the subsidy plus a fine.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs