SIB Individual Trade Fair Participation
With the SIB Individual trade fair participation subsidy, you can participate in a trade fair in a country of your choice and promote your product or service to potential customers. Trade fair participation allows you to connect with possible trading partners and investors.
SIB Individual trade fair participation is part of Support International Business (SIB). With this subsidy, you can (partly) finance various activities that help you take the next step in international trade.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the Netherlands and the Dutch Caribbean territories can apply for the SIB subsidy. You must know which foreign market you want to export your product or service to. Also, you must show that you have the capacity and ambition to take the next step in expanding your business internationally.
Companies registered with the Chamber of Commerce from all sectors can apply for the SIB subsidy. Unincorporated companies, such as sole proprietorships, general partnerships, limited partnerships, and partnerships, are not eligible for SIB. You are also not eligible for SIB subsidy if your company carries out activities that are on the FMO Exclusion List.
The subsidy covers 50% of expenses up to €2,500.
Extra grant for 'green' SIB activities
Are you going to take part in a 'green' fair or mission? From 2023, you can apply for an extra SIB subsidy. If your activity meets our conditions, the subsidy can amount to 80% of the eligible costs, up to €2,500.
We require the central theme of the fair or mission to address one of the 'green' goals categories (see the pdf in Dutch below) from the 'Green Missions or Fairs Assessment Framework'.
- The trade fair targets international exhibitors and visitors;
- The trade fair must be publicly advertised;
- The trade fair must take place within 12 months of your application;
- You will only use the subsidy to cover rental and construction expenses.
Please note that:
- This subsidy does not cover your travel and accomodation expenses;
- For the same trade fair, you can receive up to 2 grants in consecutive years;
- You can use the subsidy for different trade fairs, up to a total of €6,500 per year.
How to apply
Follow these 2 steps to apply for this subsidy:
- Request a quotation from the trade fair's organiser. The quotation contains the costs of (virtual) stand rental and construction.
- Apply for the subsidy within 3 months of receiving the quotation.
You or an intermediary must apply for the subsidy. The intermediary cannot have a link with the organiser of the activity. Also, the party which will be paid using the grant cannot apply for the SIB subsidy.
Apply for a subsidy from the Netherlands
If you apply for a subsidy from the Netherlands, you will need eHerkenning level 2+. If you do not have this, please first request eHerkenning. It may take up to a few weeks to get eHerkenning level 2+ or higher.
Apply for a subsidy from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
If you are applying for a subsidy from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands:
- Use the form for applying from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
- Complete the form and send it to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency with the quotation and the advisor's resume.
After your application
We process complete applications only, and in order of receipt. The date you sent the completed application is the date of receipt. You will receive a notification of our decision within 13 weeks.
If we approve your application, we will pay you the subsidy within 2 weeks. You will receive our final decision on the subsidy 21 weeks after the subsidy date.
We carry out random checks on subsidy applications. If we select your application for a check, we will ask you to provide extra information. If you do not respond to our request in time, it will affect your subsidy. You will risk having to pay back the subsidy plus a fine.
Do you need to adjust your application after we have granted the subsidy? Please notify us before the end of the exhibition.
For subsidy applications from the Netherlands
- Visit mijn.rvo.nl/sib-individuele-deelname (in Dutch);
- Choose the Beheren button and log in;
- Go to your case and choose what you want to change.
For subsidy applications from the Caribbean part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Report your changes to email@example.com.
Remember to notify us of any changes. Not notifying us may have implications for the subsidy. You will risk having to pay back the subsidy plus a fine.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs