Do you want to invest in your agricultural or horticultural company? Does your company generate turnover in the primary agricultural sector? Do you want to switch to organic farming? If this is the case, you can apply for a credit guarantee for agriculture (BL) from the bank. The government guarantees part of your funding.
- Term: BL-C credit can be used for up to eight quarters.
- Commission fee: As a starter or buyer, you pay 0.5% for BL-C. Other companies pay 1.5%.
- Repayments: You can repay the credit linearly. You can also repay the total credit amount at the end of the term.
- Personal deposit: The personal deposit for a majority shareholder in a private company has been reduced from 25% to 10% of the BL-C credit.
BL expands because of COVID-19 (BL-C)
The Dutch Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality has expanded the credit scheme. The expansion aims to prevent liquidity problems for agricultural, horticultural, fishing and aquaculture companies.
- 18 March: an additional expansion for a bridge loan
This bridge loan is available for sound agricultural and horticultural companies affected by COVID-19.
- 10 April: an additional expansion for other types of companies
Fishing and aquaculture farms can retroactively apply for a credit guarantee. The credit is for the production, processing and sale of fishing and aquaculture products.
BL for agricultural investments (BL Plus)
If you want to invest in a new concept, product or production process, you can apply for BL Plus. The investment for primary agricultural production must be:
- An innovative or unique concept, product or production process in the Netherlands;
- An improvement of sustainability, and
- Separating you from others on the market.
|Credit||Maximum amount||Guarantee by the government||Commission fee|
|BL||1.2 million euros||70%||3%|
|BL Plus||2.5 million euros||70%||3%|
You may also want to check our general information on Agricultural enterprise.
BL for sustainable investments (BL Plus)
Greenhouse farmers and stockbreeders who want to invest in a sustainable and environmental-friendly way, can apply for BL-Plus credit. The conditions are as follows:
- Greenhouse farmers must invest in a 'Groen Label Kas' (in Dutch only);
- Stockbreeders must invest in a stable that meets the conditions described in the 'Maatlat Duurzame Veehouderij' (in Dutch only).
How to apply
For banks and financiers (BL)
Small to medium enterprises depend on financiers. The Dutch government wants to broaden the market for corporate finance. So, financiers can also use BL. You can apply via one of the participating banks.
How to become a BL financier
Non-banking financiers can apply for BL. The first step is to become a financier for BL. Complete the Dutch form ‘Aanvraagformulier Aanwijzing financier BL’.