Do you want to invest in your agricultural or horticultural company? Does your company generate turnover in the primary agricultural sector? Do you want to switch to organic farming? If this is the case, you can apply for a credit guarantee for agriculture (BL) from the bank. The government guarantees part of your funding.
- Your farm is an agricultural or horticultural business.
- Most of your farm's turnover comes from primary agriculture.
- Your farm is located in the Netherlands. This is where most of the business activities take place.
- Your business is financially sound.
BL for agricultural investments (BL Plus)
If you want to invest in a new concept, product or production process, you can apply for BL Plus. The investment for primary agricultural production must be:
- An innovative or unique concept, product or production process in the Netherlands;
- An improvement of sustainability, and
- Separating you from others on the market.
|Credit||Maximum amount||Guarantee by the government||Commission fee|
|BL||1.2 million euros||70%||3%|
|BL Plus||2.5 million euros||70%||3%|
You may also want to check our general information on Agricultural enterprise.
BL for sustainable investments (BL Plus)
Greenhouse farmers and stockbreeders who want to invest in a sustainable and environmental-friendly way, can apply for BL-Plus credit. The conditions are as follows:
- Greenhouse farmers must invest in a 'Groen Label Kas' (in Dutch only);
- Stockbreeders must invest in a stable that meets the conditions described in the 'Maatlat Duurzame Veehouderij' (in Dutch only).
How to apply
For banks and financiers (BL)
Small to medium enterprises depend on financiers. The Dutch government wants to broaden the market for corporate finance. So, financiers can also use BL. You can apply via one of the participating banks.
How to become a BL financier
Non-banking financiers can apply for BL. The first step is to become a financier for BL. Complete the Dutch form ‘Aanvraagformulier Aanwijzing financier BL’.