The Horizon Europe framework programme cluster 4 aims to enhance European capacity in digital, industrial and space technologies. The cluster also aims to support a competitive, digitised and circular European industry.
Cluster 4 projects result in:
- An increased technological independence of the European Union, and
- A secured progress in the transformation of our economy, the workplace and society.
Digitisation is an important factor. Examples of cluster 4 digitisation topics include:
- trustworthy artificial intelligence,
- next-generation internet,
- high-performance computing,
- quantum technologies,
- robotics, and
Enabling technologies focus on the digital world. But they also involve materials, nanotechnology, advanced manufacturing and processing.
Space is the final part of this cluster. The European Union has a space sector with a satellite manufacturing industry. It also has access to the space industry. This is combined with a communication, navigation and earth observation services sector.
This cluster connects digital, industry and space. In many topics, the 3 parts come together.
Calls for proposals
The Cluster 4 programme 2021-2022 has 6 goals:
- Climate-neutral, circular and digitised production;
- A digitised, resource-efficient and resilient industry;
- World-leading data and computing technologies;
- Digital and emerging technologies for competitiveness and the European Green Deal;
- Open strategic autonomy to develop, deploy and use global space-based infrastructures, services, applications and data; and
- A human-centred, ethical development of digital and industrial technologies.
The European Commission will publish the calls for proposals throughout the period of 2021 and 2022.
See the European Commission’s Funding and Tender opportunities portal for the calls.
Questions or advice?
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency hosts the National Contact Point (NCP) for Horizon Europe. Contact the Digital, industry and space advisors for questions or advice on how to apply for funding and how to develop your project proposal.