Did you meet the Reimbursement Fixed Costs subsidy (TVL) conditions? If so, you received an advance payment of 80% of the amount based on your estimated loss of turnover. After the closing of the reimbursement period, we will ask you for the actual turnover.
Read how we calculate the subsidy.
How do we calculate the subsidy?
We calculate TVL using the formula: subsidy = normal turnover x turnover loss in % x share of fixed costs in % x 100%
Turnover = all income without received VAT and before deduction of costs and fixed costs.
- the start date of your business, and
- the reimbursement period for which you have applied
Turnover lossWe compare your normal turnover to your expected turnover in the subsidy period. We calculate turnover loss using this formula: turnover loss in % = (turnover - expected turnover in reimbursement period) / normal turnover x 100
Share of fixed costs
To determine fixed costs, we use data from Statistics Netherlands (CBS). We do not look at your actual fixed costs. This way, we can help as many businesses as possible, as fast as possible.
The share of fixed costs in the turnover for your branch is set and linked to your SBI code. After calculation, these must be higher than 1,500 euros for you to be eligible for TVL. Examples of fixed costs are rent, lease, maintenance, insurance, and subscriptions.
Final subsidy amount
Did you meet all the conditions for TVL? Then you received an advance payment of 80% of the amount we have determined based on your estimated loss of turnover. Afterwards, you must let us know your actual loss of turnover before a specific deadline. We inform you on the final amount you are entitled to within 16 weeks.
- If your loss of turnover is the same as the estimated loss, you will get the remaining 20% of the TVL subsidy.
- If your loss of turnover is less than what you estimated, you will not get the remaining 20% or less unless you pay back part of the subsidy.
- If your loss of turnover is higher, you can get a higher subsidy amount:
- For small to medium enterprises: a maximum of 550,000 euros,
- For large companies (250 employees or more): a maximum of 600,000 euros.