Energy and Climate Reporting: Methodology Descriptions
From 2015 onwards the methods for estimating GHG emissions (including the activity data and emission factors) are documented in five methodology reports.
These five reports are:
- Methodology report on the calculation of emissions to air from the sectors Energy, Industry and Waste (taskforce ENINA)
- Methods for calculating the emissions of transport in the Netherlands (taskforce Transport)
- Product usage by consumers, construction and services (taskforce WESP)
- Methodology for estimating emissions from agriculture in the Netherlands (taskforce Agriculture)
- Greenhouse gas reporting of the LULUCF sector in the Netherlands (taskforce LULUCF)
All reports are updated annually if necessary, and are published by the National Inventory Entity as part of the Dutch National System.
The methodology reports ensure that the Greenhouse gas emissions are estimated in line with the 2006 IPCC Guidelines, applicable KP Supplements and the UNFCCC and KP reporting Guidelines as well as the EU requirements.
|2022||ENINA 2022||Geilenkirchen et al 2022 (pdf)
Geilenkirchen et al 2022 (Excel)
|WESP 2022||Agriculture 2022||LULUCF 2022|
|2021||ENINA 2021||Geilenkirchen et al 2021 (pdf)
Geilenkirchen et al 2021 (Excel)
|WESP 2021||Agriculture 2021||LULUCF 2021|
|2020||ENINA 2020||WESP 2020||
Agriculture 2020 - not available
|2019||ENINA 2019||Klein et al 2019 (pdf)
Klein et al 2019 (Excel)
|Agriculture 2019||LULUCF 2019|
|2018||ENINA 2018||Klein et al 2018 (pdf)
Klein et al 2018 (Excel)
|WESP 2018||Agriculture 2018||LULUCF 2018|
|2017||ENINA 2017||Klein et al 2017 (pdf)
Klein et al 2017 (Excel)
|WESP 2017||Agriculture 2017 - not available||LULUCF 2017|
|2015/2016*||ENINA 2016||Klein et al 2016 (pdf)
Klein et al 2016 (Excel)
|WESP 2016||Agriculture 2016 - not available||LULUCF 2016|
* The NIR 2016 was the official submission for 2015 under the Kyoto Protocol and a resubmission for 2015 under the UNFCCC. Therefore there is only one set of methodology reports for both 2015 and 2016.
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy