Do you want to apply for SDE++? On this page you will read which steps to take in order to apply.
The SDE++ 2022 is closed. Submitting an application is no longer possible.
Continue reading if you want to find out how you can apply, and what documents you need to attach to your application. For more information about the phases, the maximum subsidy amounts and how applications are ranked, see the Features of the SDE++ Scheme page.
Step 1 – Use eHerkenning (eRecognition)
You login with eHerkenning (page in Dutch). For your application, you needed at least Level 3 with RVO services authorisation at Level eH3.
At the moment, it’s not possible to apply for an SDE++ subsidy with a chain authorisation.
Step 2 – Gather documents to support your application
You had to send several supporting documents (information in Dutch) with your application, such as a transmission capacity indication, a feasibily study, the necessary permits and if applicable a site owner consent form. You have to make sure that you have gathered all the necessary attachment before you start the application process. We only process complete applications. This means that the application form must be completely filled in and all mandatory documents applicable to your category must be attached.
Step 3 – Create your application
Shortly before the scheme opens, you have the option to prepare your application as a draft. If you do not complete the application in one go, you have the option to save the data you have entered:
- Click ‘Apply’ and log in to the online portal using eHerkenning (or DigiD).
- On the ‘Nieuwe aanvraag’ (New application) tab, you can scroll through the ‘Formulierencatalogus’ (Forms catalogue) list and open the ‘Stimulering Duurzame Energieproductie en Klimaattransitie 2021 (SDE++)’ (Stimulation of Sustainable Energy Production and Climate Transition 2022 (SDE++)) form.
- On the ‘Select Theme’ tab, choose the category for which you want to apply.
- Select the applicable form by answering a number of questions.
- Fill in the form with all the data about your production facility.
- Check your entries with the ‘Check’ button before moving on to the next tab. If any information is missing or has not been entered correctly, you will see an alert message.
- In the last tab of the application form, attach your supporting documents (the mandatory documents are marked with an ‘*’).
- Check the entire application for errors before you submit it. If you receive an alert message, navigate to the specified tab to correct the information you entered.
- Answer all questions truthfully.
- Start by scanning all your supporting documents and uploading them to the online portal. If a file is larger than the maximum of 20 MB per attachment, please send the document in several parts with your application.
- If you want to apply for the wind categories, for biomass fermentation plants, for CCS or CCU you can submit a combined application.
Step 4 – Submit your application
You can submit your application as soon as the SDE++ scheme application round opens. In 2022, the application round has five phases. You have to submit your application in the correct phase. Applications received after 17:00 CET or on non-business days are considered to have been received on the next business day. This also applies at the start of a new phase. Within one business day (from 17:00 to 17:00 on the next business day), the time of receipt of the subsidy application does not matter.
Please note the following:
- Please check your application carefully and make sure you’ve included all required permits and supporting documents.
- Submit your application.
- Immediately after you submit your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email indicating your case number.
- Your application is saved under ‘My Overview’; you can always find it there.
Step 5 – We process your application
We process applications in the order in which we receive them. The following rules apply:
- If we receive more applications on one day than the remaining available budget, we rank them by subsidy requirement and euros per tonne of CO2.
- If the budget limit falls between two applications with the same subsidy requirement, we will draw lots to choose between these applications.
How do we assess your application?
- Completeness check: We only process your subsidy application if it is complete. The date on which we receive the complete application determines the ranking of your application.
- Content check: We check whether your subsidy application meets the subsidy conditions based on the technical and financial data.
- If we have any questions, we will contact you for additional or missing information.
- According to the SDE++ Decree, you will receive a letter with the decision within 13 weeks of your application. This period may be extended once, for a maximum of 13 weeks.
Step 6 – You receive a decision
After the assessment, we will send you a decision. If the decision is positive, please note the following:
- The subsidy awarded to you is a maximum amount over the entire duration of the subsidy. It is based on the base energy price, which is the lower limit for the correction rate.
- We calculate the actual amount of the annual subsidy payment based on the amount of energy produced or CO2 reduced that is eligible for the subsidy and the level of the corrective rate.
You start implementing your project after receiving the decision.
If you receive a negative decision, you can lodge an objection or appeal within six weeks from the date of issue of the decision. Information on how to do so will be in your decision.