Use the SIB Coaching subsidy to learn how to organise exports to your target country with the help of a coach. You can discuss the questions that may arise with your coach. After the coaching, you will have enough knowledge to write an export plan and deal with other export-related subjects.
SIB Market entry is part of Support International Business (SIB). With this subsidy, you can (partly) finance various activities that help you take the next step in international trade.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the Netherlands and the Dutch Caribbean territories can apply for the SIB subsidy. You must know which foreign market you want to export your product or service to. Also, you must show that you have the capacity and ambition to take the next step in expanding your business internationally.
The subsidy covers 50% of expenses up to €1,000.
- The coaching consists of a maximum of 3 sessions of 2 hours;
- Write a report of each conversation with your coach;
- The coach meets the following conditions:
- has at least a higher professional education (HBO) level of working and thinking;
- works for an organisation whose core business is export advice;
- has proven experience of at least 3 years in carrying out export activities in the target country;
- is not the applicant;
- does not work at, work for or have a connection with the applicant;
- may provide coaching services to a maximum of 7 applicants per 3 months.
How to apply
Follow these steps to apply for this subsidy:
- Look for a coach that fits your needs;
- Request a quotation and a resume from the coach. The quotation should contain which services the person will deliver and the expenses per component;
- Apply for the subsidy within 3 months after receiving the quotation.
You or the intermediary must apply for the subsidy. The intermediary cannot be linked with the organiser of the activity. Also, the SIB subsidy cannot be applied for by the same party paid with this grant.
Apply for a subsidy from the Netherlands
If you apply for a subsidy from the Netherlands, you will need eHerkenning level 2+. If you do not have this, please first request eHerkenning. This process will take a few days.
Apply for a subsidy from the Caribbean part of the Dutch Kingdom
If you are applying for a subsidy from the Caribbean part of the Dutch Kingdom:
- Use the designated form to apply from the Caribbean part of the Dutch Kingdom.
- Complete this form and send it to Netherlands Enterprise Agency with the quotation and the advisor's resume.
After your application
We process complete applications only and in order of receipt. The date you sent the completed application is the date of receipt. You will receive a notification of our decision within 13 weeks.
If we approve your application, we will pay the subsidy to you within 2 weeks. We will determine the subsidy 21 weeks after the subsidy date.
We carry out random checks on subsidy applications. If we select your application for a check, we will ask you to provide extra information. If you do not respond to our request in time, this will affect granting of the subsidy. You will risk having to pay back the subsidy plus a fine.
Report changes on time
Do you need to adjust your application after we have granted the subsidy? Please notify us before the end of the training.
For subsidy applications from the Netherlands
- Visit mijn.rvo.nl/sib-coaching (in Dutch);
- Choose the Beheren button and log in;
- Go to your case and choose what you want to change.
For subsidy applications from the Caribbean part of the Dutch Kingdom
Report your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to notify us about any changes. Not notifying us may have implications on granting the subsidy. You will risk having to pay back the subsidy plus a fine.