With the SIB Collective activity subsidy, you can participate in a trade mission or trade fair in a specific country with other companies. You can use these events to promote your product or service to potential customers. The collective activity also lets you connect with possible trading partners and investors.
SIB Collective activity is part of Support International Business (SIB). With this subsidy, you can (partly) finance various activities that help you take the next step in international trade.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the Netherlands and the Dutch Caribbean territories can apply for the SIB subsidy. You must know which foreign market you want to export your product or service to. Also, you must show that you have the capacity and ambition to take the next step in expanding your business internationally.
The subsidy covers 50% of expenses up to a maximum of:
- €1,500 if you participate in a trade mission; or
- €2,500 if you participate in a trade fair.
- A Dutch third party organises the mission or exhibition;
- You must publicly advertise the mission or exhibition;
- At least 5 companies will participate in the mission or exhibition;
- It is a multi-day event;
- The event will take place within 12 months after applying;
- The organising party does not work at, work for or have a connection with the applicant;
- The mission or exhibition does not receive financial reimbursements from the Dutch government or a European administrative organisation.
How to apply
Follow these 2 steps to apply for this subsidy:
- Request a quotation from the organiser of the mission or exhibition. The quotation states the participation fee.
- Apply for the subsidy within 3 months after receiving the quotation.
You or an intermediary must apply for the subsidy. The intermediary cannot be linked with the organiser of the activity. Also, the SIB subsidy cannot be applied for by the same party paid with this grant.
Apply for a subsidy from the Netherlands
If you apply for a subsidy from the Netherlands, you will need eHerkenning level 2+. If you do not have this, please first request eHerkenning. This process will take a few days.
Apply for a subsidy from the Caribbean part of the Dutch Kingdom
If you are applying for a subsidy from the Caribbean part of the Dutch Kingdom:
- Use the designated form to apply from the Caribbean part of the Dutch Kingdom.
- Complete this form and send it to Netherlands Enterprise Agency with the quotation and the advisor's resume.
After your application
We process complete applications only and in order of receipt. The date you sent the completed application is the date of receipt. You will receive a notification of our decision within 13 weeks.
If we approve your application, we will pay the subsidy to you within 2 weeks. We will determine the subsidy 21 weeks after the subsidy date.
We carry out random checks on subsidy applications. If we select your application for a check, we will ask you to provide extra information. If you do not respond to our request in time, it will affect granting of the subsidy. You will risk having to pay back the subsidy plus a fine.
Report changes on time
Do you need to adjust your application after we have granted the subsidy? Please notify us before the end of the mission or exhibition.
For subsidy applications from the Netherlands
- Visit mijn.rvo.nl/sib-collectieve-activiteit (in Dutch);
- Choose the Beheren button and log in;
- Go to your case and choose what you want to change.
For subsidy applications from the Caribbean part of the Dutch Kingdom
Report your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to notify us about any changes. Not notifying us may have implications on granting the subsidy. You will risk having to pay back the subsidy plus a fine.