Contact the Netherlands Patent Office
We answer your questions about patents and other ways of protecting intellectual property for free. Opening hours of the public information office are Monday to Friday, 9:00– 17:00 CE(S)T. We aim to answer your questions within 3 working days.
You can contact us:
- by e-mail: email@example.com;
- by telephone: (+31) 088 042 40 02;
- or in-person: see our location on Google maps.
Please keep in mind that identification is compulsory when you visit our office. Bring a valid identification document such as a passport, EU identification card, driving license or Dutch residence permit.
Bank account details
Please pay all your fees and costs to the Netherlands Patent Office using the following bank account details. You can read more about the fees you need to pay on our page ‘Fees for patents’.
P.O. Box 1800
1000 BV AMSTERDAM
Account name: RVO Octrooien
IBAN: NL41 INGB 0705 0012 96
Good to know
- We do not accept cash payments. We only accept debit card transactions and bank transfers.
- It is the responsibility of the patent holder to pay the annual fee in time.
- You do not receive invoices for payment of annual fees, deeds, request, etcetera.
- You do not pay VAT on the amounts of annuities, deeds, request, etcetera. As a public authority, we are not subject to VAT.
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy