Young Expert Programmes – YEP Energy
Are you active in the field of renewable energy? Would you like to recruit a young professional for a 1 or 2-year period? Young Expert Programmes – Energy (YEP Energy) provides financial support to companies that want to recruit young experts for projects in developing countries.
What is YEP Energy?
YEP Energy is part of the Young Expert Programmes (YEP), which include YEP Water, YEP Agrofood and YEP Tailor-made. YEP Energy focuses on 3 sub-themes:
- Decentral access to affordable energy services for households, including clean cooking solutions;
- Productive use of renewable energy for small and medium enterprises, farmers and social institutes;
- Innovations for technology, finance and business.
The programme contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- clean energy (SDG7),
- decent work and economic growth (SDG8), and
- climate action (SDG13).
The YEP programme provides financial support to companies registered in the Netherlands, not-for-profits and knowledge institutes to encourage them to recruit a young professional for 1 or 2 years. The young professional can either be a Dutch citizen or local talent working on a project in a developing country. The YEP Energy subsidy covers a maximum of 50% of the total costs of the young professional.
Who can apply for YEP Energy?
The YEP Energy programme is for companies based in the Netherlands that are active in the field of renewable energy. This includes not-for-profits and knowledge institutes. Companies must be active in one of the many foreign target countries.
YEP Energy conditions
To apply for a YEP Energy subsidy, companies, not-for-profits and knowledge institutes must:
- be registered in the Netherlands;
- have a project in one of the target countries that focuses on one of the 3 sub-themes;
- be able to supervise the young professional;
- have a clear function description for the young professional.
For other conditions, please visit the YEP website.
YEP Energy call for proposals
YEP Energy has several calls for proposal each year. See the YEP calendar for more information.
Find out more about YEP Energy
Would you like to learn more about YEP Energy and how it can benefit your organisation? Or are you a young energy expert and would you like to find out how you can get involved? Visit the YEP website.
The overall YEP programme is hosted and managed by the Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP). The Netherlands Enterprise Agency is the coordination point and network organisation for the YEP Energy programme. For information on calls for proposals or how to apply for a subsidy, please contact the YEP Programme Bureau.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs