Is your organisation a business, NGO or financial institution? Would you like to contribute to access to sustainable energy for those who live in developing countries? Your project could be eligible for support from SDG 7 Results: Access to renewable energy facility scheme. Payments for this opportunity will be made afterwards and based on the number of people who have gained access to renewable energy technologies and services.
This facility is temporarily closed. You cannot apply at this moment.
Sustainable development goals
SDG 7 Results result areas
- access to electricity in homes;
- access to clean cooking in homes.
- low-carbon climate resilient development;
- less gender inequality, in particular with regards to women and girls;
- private sector development and employment, and
- mobilisation of private investments in the decentralised renewable energy sector.
Focus of SDG 7 Results
- Payment will be made pending the achievement of the results that are specified in advance. In this case: individuals with access to renewable energy services according to agreed specifications.
- An independent party verifies the results prior to payment. We will guide this process and pay the costs.
- Grant applicants have a degree of flexibility in the way they achieve the results.
- The project proposal must focus on poor and vulnerable target groups, who cannot be reached without subsidies.
- The key activity for the grant applicant is decentralised renewable energy.
- The proposed activities must be carried out in a maximum of 4 years.
- The applicant has at least 3 years experience in the proposed geographical market.
- The applicant is financially stable and can demonstrate his ability to finance the activities.
- The applicant has the relevant licenses for the target market prior to the grant application.
- Smaller local businesses that are going to collaborate with the applicant must also:
- have been active in providing energy services to the decentralised renewable energy market in developing countries;
- have a track record in the region of the target country.
- There are minimum service levels required for the products. Please check additional information on technologies and consult annex 2 of the policy document of this facility published in the Government Gazette: unofficial translation of the Government Gazette.
- The project is additional to both the target market and the usual business operations of the grant applicant and would be too risky to implement without the grant.
- Project development
You submit your concept note. One of our advisors will advise you on your project idea. After this mandatory phase, you can apply for a subsidy.
- Grant application
Submit your grant application in time together with all mandatory documents. We will assess your application in consultation with the Dutch embassy in the country in question and after visiting the project.
- Implementation and follow-up
Your application has been approved. You can now implement the project with the support of the Netherlands Enterprise Agency. We evaluate the results every year.
SDG 7 is closed for now. You cannot apply at this moment.
When you are granted a project subsidy, please use our webform to notify us of any changes. You must report the following changes as soon as possible:
- Administrative changes;
- Changes to the duration or timetable: premature termination, suspensions, changes to milestones or to start and/or end dates;
- Changes to objectives and/or activities;
- Changes to the national or international partnership;
- Financial changes: budget change of 25% or more on a yearly basis, VAT obligation changes, suspension of payment, bankruptcy or debt rescheduling scheme;
- Postponement of reporting, final reporting and/or final declaration;
- Transfer of rights and/or knowledge;
- Division, merger or takeover of the company.
Legislation and regulations
This programme is an initiative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in collaboration with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency. Learn more about the related legislation and regulations for this subsidy programme:
Frequently asked questions
Download all frequently asked questions (pdf) about SDG 7 Results facility.