Is your organisation a business, NGO or financial institution and would you like to contribute to access to sustainable energy for those who live in developing countries? Your project could be eligible for support from the SDG Results: Access to renewable energy (SDG 7 Results) facility scheme. Payments for this opportunity will be made retrospectively and based on the number of people who have gained access to renewable energy technologies and/or services.
This facility is temporarily closed. You cannot apply at this moment.
Sustainable development goals
SDG 7: Ensuring access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
SDG 7 Results result areas
- access to electricity in homes
- access to clean cooking in homes
- low-carbon climate resilient development
- less gender inequality, in particular with regards to women and girls
- private sector development and employment
- mobilisation of private investments in the decentralised renewable energy sector.
Focus of SDG 7 Results
- Payment will be made pending the achievement of the results that are specified in advance. In this case: individuals with access to renewable energy services according to agreed specifications.
- The results will be independently verified prior to payment. The results will be independently verified prior to payment. This will be done by an independent verification agent, procured and paid for by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency.
- Grant applicants have a degree of flexibility in the way they achieve the results.
Conditions for participation
- The project is additional to both the target market as well as the usual business operations of the grant applicant and would be too risky to implement without the grant.
- The project proposal must focus on poor and vulnerable target groups, who cannot be reached without subsidies.
- The key activity for the grant applicant is decentralised renewable energy.
- The activities under the proposal must be carried out in a maximum of 4 years.
- The applicant has at least 3 years experience in the proposed geographical market.
- The applicant is financially stable and can demonstrate his ability to finance the activities.
- The applicant has the relevant licenses for the target market prior to the grant application.
- Smaller local businesses that are going to collaborate with the applicant must also:
- have been active in providing energy services to the decentralised renewable energy market in developing countries;
- have a track record in the region of the target country.
- There are minimum service levels required for the products. Please check additional information on technologies and consult annex 2 of the policy document of this facility published in the Government Gazette and on this website (see unofficial translation).
- Project development
For the first tender round in 2019 the deadline for submitting your concept note was 4 June 2019. You can submit your concept note for the second tender round in 2020, please check this website for the deadline.
- Grant application
Submit your grant application in time together with all mandatory documents. We will assess your application in consultation with the Dutch embassy in the country in question and after visiting the project. Applicants from focus countries can apply for support for development of their business plan and proposal writing. More information will be provided via this website prior to opening of the first tender.
- Implementation and follow-up
Your application has been approved. You can now implement the project with the support of the Netherlands Enterprise Agency.
The procedure consists of several steps:
- You can only submit a grant application if you have submitted a concept note and received an advice from us. Please mention the concept note reference number in your correspondence.
- If you have submitted your concept note through ePortal, please submit your grant application through the same portal with the same login and password as you used when submitting the concept note. If you encounter technical problems when logging in please contact e-overheidvoorBedrijven@rvo.nl.
- If you have submitted your concept note via email, please submit the grant application via email. Send in your application form and all annexes together in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your concept note reference number + the name of the applicant in the subject field. Please note: do not send your application and annexes as one PDF document.
- An applicant is eligible to submit a maximum of two grant applications to the facility.
- You may submit your grant application from 1 July 2019 09:00 CEST to 27 September 2019 12:00 CEST via the following application page.
Legislation and regulations
- SDG Results: Access to renewable energy (SDG 7 Results) (Government Gazette, 5 April 2019, in Dutch).
Frequently asked questions
Download all frequently asked questions (pdf) about SDG 7 Results facility.