National Reports to the UNFCCC
This page gives access to the official national reports submitted by the Netherlands under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the Kyoto Protocol and the Paris agreement. Furthermore, official review results of these reports by the UNFCCC are included.
National Inventory Reports
The overview gives you access to:
- National Inventory Reports (NIR): Netherlands’ annual submission of its greenhouse gas emissions inventory, including explanations of observed trends in emissions. The methods used are documented separately in methodology reports.
- Common Reporting Format Tables (CRF): detailed tables on greenhouse gas emissions.
- Kyoto Protocol (KP) supplementary information.
- UNFCCC Review reports.
Overview yearly reports
NIR: NIR 2001
NIR: NIR 1999
NIR: NIR 1998
The overview below gives access to:
- Biennial Reports (BR): these reports describe the progress in achieving emission reductions and the provision of financial, technological and capacity-building support to non-Annex I Parties.
- CTF tables: detailed tables containing emission trends, reduction targets, policies and measures, projections etc. using the Common Tabular Format (CTF).
- UNFCCC Review reports.
Overview biennial reports
The National Communications provide information on emissions and removals of greenhouse gases; national circumstances; policies and measures; vulnerability assessment; financial resources and transfer of technology; education, training, and public awareness.
The overview below gives access to the National Communications and the corresponding UNFCCC review reports.
The overview below gives you access to special reports under the Kyoto Protocol and the corresponding review reports:
- Report on Demonstrable Progress: this report describes the progress the Netherlands had made by 2005 in achieving their commitments under the Kyoto Protocol to the UNFCCC, as prescribed in Article 3, paragraph 2 of the Kyoto Protocol.
- Initial reports for the first commitment period (CP 1) and the second commitment period (CP 2): this report gives information necessary to facilitate the calculation of the assigned amount under the Kyoto Protocol for CP 1 (2008 - 2012) and CP 2 (2013 - 2020).
- True Up Period (TUP) report for CP 1 (2015) en CP2 (2023): this report contains the information required to be reported upon the expiration of the additional period for fulfilling the commitments of the first and second commitment periods of the Kyoto Protocol.
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy