From 2015 onwards the methods for estimating GHG emissions (including the activity data and emission factors) are documented in five methodology reports.
These five reports are:
- Methodology report on the calculation of emissions to air from the sectors Energy, Industry and Waste (taskforce ENINA)
- Methods for calculating the emissions of transport in the Netherlands (taskforce Transport)
- Product usage by consumers, construction and services (taskforce WESP)
- Methodology for estimating emissions from agriculture in the Netherlands (taskforce Agriculture)
- Greenhouse gas reporting of the LULUCF sector in the Netherlands (taskforce LULUCF)
All reports are updated annually if necessary, and are published by the National Inventory Entity as part of the Dutch National System.
The methodology reports ensure that the Greenhouse gas emissions are estimated in line with the 2006 IPCC Guidelines, applicable KP Supplements and the UNFCCC and KP reporting Guidelines as well as the EU requirements.
The methodology reports are accessible via the table below.
* The NIR 2016 was the official submission for 2015 under the Kyoto Protocol and a resubmission for 2015 under the UNFCCC. Therefore there is only one set of methodology reports for both 2015 and 2016.